[Rock-dev] image_preprocessing -> DepthImage2Pointcloud callback method never called?

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Thu Oct 15 11:48:06 CEST 2015

On 14.10.2015 19:19, Martin.Azkarate at esa.int wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Thanks a lot for your comments, my version of the component [stable]
> does not include any transformer in the .orogen task description,
> should I get the master version with the transformer part?
You can work on stable, in principle you don't need the transformer.

> I was checking the status of the stream aligner and it seems like it
> drops samples indeed...here an snapshot of what I have:
It seems the stream aligner is wrong configured and therefore the task
is dropping samples. The value need to change in the config yml file
Which values do you have? ExoTeR should be:

# Time in s between left_frame readings
left_frame_period: 0.4
# Time in s between right_frame readings
right_frame_period: 0.4
# Minimum system time in seconds between two updates of the status ports
stream_aligner_status_period: 1.0
# maximum latency, in seconds, of the stream aligner. The aligner will start
# dropping samples if the difference between the last output and last
input is
# greater than this
aggregator_max_latency: 1.0

Therefore the same values should be in the inports in DepthImage2Pointcloud
I guess something like:

color_frame_period: 0.4
frame_period: 0.4

Javier.